Dec 27, 2006

Chains


We all know that Starbucks and McDonalds are the two businesses that stick out all over the planet. I've been all over the world and I cringe whenever I see one of these joints. And I cringe even worse when I see that they are full of people. But the weirdest thing is that there are two other businesses that are in every square inch of the earth. KFC and 7eleven. Of all the millions and millions of businesses in the world why are these two stink bombs all over the place? There is nothing worse than being in the outback of Australia or a little alley way in Beijing or a small little mountain village in Austria and spotting a KFC. I would never go into one of these places in my neighborhood never mind overseas. I'd rather support the small local merchants.

2 comments:

octavio diaz said...

I agree.
At McDonald's in Barcelona, Spain, you can get gazpacho (the cold vegetable soup).
In a carton.
At McDonald's in San Jose, Costa Rica, you can get gallo pinto, their traditional breakfast dish.
In a carton.

kane said...

Cartons are cool.